Latest current affairs of sports 2019 of National and International sports and tournaments, trophies and cups related to cricket, football, tennis and other sports for UPSC, States, Civil services, SSC, RRB, IB, RAIL and other competitive examinations.
current affairs of sports of September
Sports Current Affairs of world and India
Sumit Nagal Becomes Winner Of ‘ATP Challenger Tournament
- Indian tennis player Sumit Nagal has won the men’s singles title in the ATP Challenger tournament held in Buenos Aires, Argentina .
- He won the title by defeating Argentina’s Facundo Baganis 6–4, 6–2.
- This was Sumit’s second career title after winning the 2017 Bangalore Challenger event. He has jumped 26 places to achieve a career-best ranking of 135.
Aryana Sabalenka Becomes WTA Wuhan Open Winner
- Aryana Sablenka has won the WTA Wuhan Open held in Wuhan, China .
- She became the first player to win back-to-back titles in Wuhan. He defeated American Alison Riske 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 in Summit Clash.
- She has become equal to Petra Kvitova by winning the Wuhan Open Championship.
Rupa Gurunath Becomes First Female President Of TNCA
- Rupa Gurunath has been appointed as the first woman president of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) at the 87th Annual General Meeting of TNCA in Chennai, Tamil Nadu .
- With this appointment, she also became the first woman to become the head of a state-level cricket body in the country.
The above news IBPS :
- BCCI President: C.K. Khanna; Headquarters of BCCI: Mumbai.
Manipur Won Senior Women’s National Football Championship
- Manipur defeated Railways 1–0 to win the Senior Women’s National Football Championship held at Pasighat in Arunachal Pradesh . It was the 20th national title of Manipur .
- Bala Devi became the highest scorer in the tournament after scoring 21 goals in 6 matches , while Panthoy Chanu was named the best goalkeeper .
P.T. Usha Awarded IAAF Veteran PIN
- Indian track and field legend p. T. Usha by world athletics body in recognition of his contribution to the game development Pin Veteran has been submitted. International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) chief Sebastian Coe presented the veterans during the 52 th IAAF Congress pins.
- P.T. Usha besides bronze in 1985 Asian Games in Jakarta five gold medals at 100 meters, 200 meters, 400 meters, 400 meters hurdle and 4×400 meter relay won.
- His most memorable performance came in the Los Angeles Olympics in 1984 where he was a bronze necklace of hundredths of a second, but was the first Indian to become a finalist in the 400 meter hurdle race.
Current Affairs of October
Advani-Mehta Pair Won IBSF World Snooker Title
- The Indian team of Pankaj Advani and Aditya Mehta have won the title of “IBSF World Snooker” . India has become world champion by defeating Thailand in the IBSF World Snooker Team event held in Mandalay, Myanmar.
Indian Chess Player Koneru Hampi Wins Skolovo Fide Grand Prix Title 2019
- Indian Chess Grandmaster, Koneru Hampi of Gudivada (Andhra Pradesh) has won the FIDE World Grand Prix 2019 title with 8 points from 11 rounds in Skolkov, Russia.
- Hampi will only have to play a draw to win the title in the final round.
- His advantage in the final round is that he will have to play against the defending world champion Wanjun Xu of China in white pieces. While the other Indian, D Harika had secured sixth place with 5 points.
Carolina Marin Won The China Open Title
- Olympic gold medalist Carolina Marin won the China Open title by defeating Tai Xu Ying of Taiwan 14-21, 21-17, 21-18 in the women’s badminton singles final.
- She is returning to court after eight months due to knee surgery. He withdrew from the BWF World Championship in Basel, Switzerland last month.
Divij Sharan Wins Doubles Title At St. Petersburg Open
- Indian tennis player Divij Sharan has won the men’s doubles title in the ATP Tour tennis tournament in St. Petersburg, Russia .
- Divij Sharan, along with fellow player Igor Zelane , defeated Mateo Berettini and Simone Bolelli 6-3, 3-6, 10-8 at the Open.
Sebastian Vettel Wins F-1 Singapore Grand Prix
- Ferrari Sebastian Vettel has won the Singapore Grand Prix in 2019. The competition was held at Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore.
- Ferrari’s Charles Lechler and Red Bull’s Max Verstappen finished second and third respectively.
Dinesh Mongia Announces Retirement From All Formats Of Cricket
- Former Indian cricket all-rounder Dinesh Mongia has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. He played 57 ODIs, but never played a Test match.
- His first-class record of 121 matches includes21 centuries. He also played for Lancashire and Leicestershire.
- Mongia is a member of the 2003 World Cup runners-up Indian team, his last appearance on the field was for Punjab in 2007, before he joined the Indian Cricket League (ICL) and was later banned by the BCCI.
India’s Kaushal Dharamveer Won The Myanmar International Series
- Indian shuttler Kaushal Dharmamer has won the Myanmar International Series . She defeated Indonesia’s Karono Karono 18-21 21-14 21-11 in the final.
- He has returned after suffering from injuries for nearly two years.
Lakshya Sen Won The Title Of Belgium International Badminton
- Indian badminton star, Lakshya Sen has won the title of Belgium International Badminton . They defeated Denmark’s Viktor Svenden 21–14, 21–15 in the leading match.
- The tournament was held in Leuven, Belgium. Lakshya Sen is from Almora, Uttarakhand .
Lasith Malinga Becomes The First T20I Bowler To Take 100 Wickets
- Lasith Malinga of Sri Lanka became the first bowler to take 100 wickets in the third T20 International against New Zealand at Pallekele.
- He also took a hat-trick, dismissed 4 batsmen for 4 consecutive balls and was the first to take 2 hat- tricks in T20 cricket. Become a bowler.
- Lasith Malinga also surpassed Wasim Akram and set the record for most hat-trick in international cricket . He has taken 5 hat-tricks in his international career so far.
US Open 2019 Concludes: Complete List Of Winners
The 2019 US Open Tennis was the 139th edition of the ‘US Open’ . Since 1987, the US Open is the fourth and final Grand Slam tournament of the year. This year the US Open was held on outdoor hard courts at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York City
List of winners in 2019 :
Rafael Nadal (Spain)
Daniel Medvedev (Russia)
Bianca Andriscu (Canada)
|Serena Williams (USA)|
|3.||Men’s doubles||Js Cabal (Colombia) and R.K. Farah (Colombia)||M. Granollers (Spain) and H. Zeballos (Argentina)|
|4.||Women’s doubles||E. Mertens (Belgium) and A. Sabalenka (Belarus)||V. Azarenka (Belarus) and A. Barty (Australia)|
|5.||Mixed Doubles||B. Mattek-Sands (USA) and J.C. Murray (uk)||H. Chan (Taipei) and M. Venus (New Zealand)|
World’s Highest Marathon “Ladakh Marathon” Held In Leh
- The 8th edition of Ladakh Marathon was held in Leh . It is the highest marathon in the world as it is held at an altitude of 11,000 feet above sea level .
- The marathon was conducted in the categories of 42 km full marathon, 21 km half marathon and 7 km long run for fun . More than 6000 runners from 25 countries competed in the four categories of Ladakh Marathon.
- The 9th edition to be held in 2020 will feature a qualifying race for the Abbott World Marathon Majors.
Charles Leclerc Won The Italian Grand Prix
- Ferrari’s Charles Lechler won the Italian Grand Prix . The event was held at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza track in Italy.
- Valtteri Bottas and Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton finished second and third respectively.
Rafael Nadal Won The US Open Final By Defeating Daniel Medvedev
- Rafael Nadal won the final of the US Open to capture the 19th Grand Slam title of his career, defeating Russia’s Daniel Medvedev to win his fourth title in New York .
- The 33-year-old Spanish player Nadal is now very close to Roger Federer’s men’s record of 20 Grand Slam wins.
- Nadal, who plays the fifth US Open Championship match and the 27th Grand Slam final, is the first person to win five major titles at the age of 30.
Yashaswini Deswal Wins Gold Medal In ISSF World Cup
- Indian shooter Yashaswini Singh Deswal won the gold medal in the women’s 10m air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil .
- He has also achieved an Olympic quota for India. This is India’s 9th quota in shooting for the 2020 Tokyo Games.
Source: The News on Air
Mithali Raj Announces Retirement From T20 International Cricket
- India’s senior batsman Mithali Raj has announced her retirement from international T20 cricket . In 89 T20 Internationals, he scored 2364 runs, including 17 fifties with a career-best 97 not out.
- Mithali is also the first Indian cricketer to reach the landmark of the 2000 T20I run.
India Won The SAFF Under-15 Title In Kolkata
- India’s U-15 team has won the SAFF U-15 title by defeating Nepal 7-0 at the Kalyani Stadium in Kolkata .
- Striker Sridant Nongmikapam scored a hat-trick while Mahesan Singh, Amandeep, Sibjeet Singh and Himanshu Jangra scored one each.
- This victory also meant that India is now the most successful team in the history of the tournament. India has won this record for the third time after previous wins in 2013 and 2017 .
Ferrari’s Charles Lecler Wins The Belgian Grand Prix
- Charles Lechler won the Belgian Grand Prix by defeating Lewis Hamilton in less than a second . The tournament was held at the Spa-Francorchamps track.
- It was the first win of his Formula One career. It was also Ferrari’s first win of the year.
Jasprit Bumrah Becomes Third Indian To Register A Hat-Trick In Test Cricket
- Indian fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah became the third Indian to register a hat-trick in Test cricket .
- He took 3 wickets for 3 consecutive balls in the second Test against the West Indies held in Kingston, Jamaica .
- He took wickets three consecutive times to dismiss Darren Bravo, Shamar Brooks and Roston Chase.
- This was the third Test hat-trick of an Indian bowler after Harbhajan Singh and Irfan Pathan.
VK Vismaya Won Gold In 400 Meters At MJS In Brno, Czech Republic
- Capital of the Czech Republic: Prague; Currency of Czech Republic: Czech Koruna.