List of Rank of India Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC, PSC, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC, RRB and other Competitive Exams.Check updated Rank of India in Various Indexes. India’s rank in World Happiness Report, Global Hunger Index, etc.
Rank of India Of September 2019
India Got 44th Position In Digital Competitiveness Ranking
- India, the IMD World Competitiveness Center organized by the IMD World Digital competitiveness ranking in 2019 to 44th spaced.
- The US was ranked as the world’s most digitally competitive economy , followed by Singapore in second place.
- The Center has measured the capacity and readiness of 63 countries to adopt and explore digital technologies as a key driver for economic change in business, government and wider society. To evaluate the economy, the WDCR examines 3 factors : knowledge: the ability to understand and learn new technologies; Technology: the ability to develop new digital innovations; And future readiness: preparation for the coming events.
Anurag Kashyap’s ‘Gangs Of Wasseypur’ Included In The Guardian Best 100 List
- Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap ‘s Gangs of Wasseypur became the only Indian film to feature in “The Guardian” list of the 100 best films of the 21st century . The film has secured 59th place .
- Two films from the Gangs of Wasseypur series were released in 2012 and narrated the saga of a coal mafia family in Wasseypur town of Dhanbad district, Jharkhand. Both films were praised by the public for their drama and simplicity and were acclaimed by classes for cinematic aesthetics.
Times Higher Education Released “World University Rankings 2020”
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore among the 56 best Indian Institutes in the World University Rankings 2020 list published by United Kingdom (UK) based Times Higher Education (THE) 1 is ranked. The ranking includes approximately 1,400 universities from 92 countries.
- According to the World University Rankings 2020, Oxford University is the number one university in the world for the fourth consecutive time. The California Institute of Technology is in second place and the University of Cambridge has come in third place this year.
India Rises 6 Places To 34th In World Travel-Tourism Competitiveness Index
- World Economic Forum (WEF) , according to the report, India World Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index in 2019 with an increase of 6 places to 34th position is.
- The WEF report shows that over 1.5 crore international tourists travel to India, accounting for 3.6 per cent of the travel and tourism industry and 5.1 per cent of industrial employment.
- Spain topped the ranking index after France and Germany . The top 10 countries include Japan, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Italy, Canada and Switzerland.
India Among Top 10 Gold Reserves
- India overtook the Netherlands, making it to the list of top 10 countries in terms of total gold reserves . According to the World Gold Council , India has a total gold reserves of 618.2 tonnes , slightly more than the Netherlands’ reserves of 612.5 tonnes.
- According to the World Gold Council, the US is on the country’s list with a total gold reserves of 8,133.5 tonnes , followed by Germany ‘s gold reserves of 3,366.8 tonnes . In terms of individual countries, India actually ranks 9th as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is ranked third after the US and Germany.
Source: The Hindu
Mumbai Ranked 45th And Delhi 52nd In World Safe Cities Index 2019
- According to a report by the Economist Intelligence Unit, Safe Cities Index (SCI) in 2019 in Mumbai, the 45th has been ranked the safest city, while Delhi 52nd ended.
- Tokyo topped the list, while Singapore and Osaka ranked second and third in the list.
- The Safe Cities Index (SCI) 2019 ranks 60 countries out of five continents around the world and measures the multifaceted form of urban security, with indicators categorized as digital, infrastructure, health and personal safety.
India Ranked 9th In “Global Happiness Survey” Released By Ipsos
- According to Ipsos ‘ ” Global Happiness Survey” , India has been ranked 9th in the Happiness Index out of 28 global markets. India came down with a six percent drop (from 83 percent in 2018 to 77 percent in 2019).
- The top ranked Australia and Canada have emerged as the (86 percent) of the world’s happiest countries, while Russia is at the lowest position in the group (47 percent), with 28 markets.
Akshay Kumar Ranked Fourth In Forbes Magazine’s List Of World’s Highest-Grossing Actors Of 2019
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar has ranked fourth in Forbes Magazine’s list of the world’s highest-grossing actors of 2019 . Akshay has grossed $ 65 million . Hollywood star Dwayne ‘Rock’ Johnson topped Forbes ‘ list of the 10 highest-grossing actors.